Thursday, October 21, 2010

It’s not that Carroll

Just a quick post to let you know that the yard signs around town that say SCOTT on top and CARROLL on the bottom do not refer to Pat Carroll, candidate for Collier County School Board. The Carroll referred to is Jennifer Carroll, Rick Scott’s running mate as lieutenant governor.

When I saw the signs, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Fortunately, I emailed Pat Carroll to ask about it, and she promptly replied.

I’m still undecided about the District 1 election. I’ve spoken one-on-one with both candidates, and have another meeting tomorrow with someone whose opinion I respect. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. On the matter of Pat Carroll vs. Roseanne Winter: I haven't decided yet because I would like to vote for both. Quite frankly I think Roseanne Winter would make a terrific Superintendent. If elected, I fear she would tend to micro-manage which not the role of a school board member. Pat Carroll has been the voice of reason during some trying times always leaving her ego at the door.. Her humility and historical perspective have served the Board well. Tough call. I am looking forward to your perspective.

    ReplyDelete