Monday, July 25, 2011

We MUST do as the President asked...

Again tonight, the President took to the bullypulpit, this time asking directly - in a televised address to the nation - for our help in breaking the current gridlock in Congress over the debt ceiling.  In his remarks tonight, he said:
If you want a balanced approach to reducing the deficit, let your member of Congress know.  If you believe we can solve this problem through compromise, send that message.
Whether you've done so already or not, it's important to email your representative in Congress tomorrow (Tuesday) in response to the President's request.


I know it may seem futile, but our elected officials MUST hear from US and not just the paid lobbyists and big money PACs!  Please take a minute and write your Congressman.  Then let me know that you’ve done it - and PLEASE forward this email to everyone you know!  Thanks.
For more information:

 

6 comments:

  1. I have written both my rep and Senator Rubio. Thanks for all you do.

    Interesting, that I got home too late to hear the President last night, but in time to hear Boehner. In isolation his short talk was quite good. This morning I was able to listen to the President's address. I think he did a superb job, and in context made Boehner's speech only political.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote to Connie Mack. I can't believe the Republican investors in Naples will tolerate the losses they will suffer if the debt limit isn't raised. I think the Tea Party members are uneducated and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this. It made it easy to contact Mack's office again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent Connie Mack an E-mail a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The work you are doing with your blog and other forms of social networking is so important, it goes without saying.

    Frankly, I wonder how seriously people are taking these days leading up to August 2nd? Lots of other news stories distracting people as usual. One imagines that lots of people think it's fun to watch the Republicans playing chicken with the US economy and people's lives.

    ReplyDelete