Thursday, July 28, 2016

Correction: Get Ready to Vote on Amendment 4

While my recommendation in my previous post to vote YES on Amendment 4 is unchanged, a knowledgeable friend pointed out that I was wrong in attributing this amendment to the citizens’ initiative petition sponsored by Floridians for Solar Choice. The Floridians for Solar Choice amendment, with the ballot title “Limits or Prevents Barriers to Local Solar Electricity Supply,” failed to gain the required number of signatures to make it on the 2016 ballot. The sponsors hope to do so for 2018.

Actually, Amendment 4 was placed on the ballot by the Legislature. Further, they placed it on the August primary ballot so it would not be confused with the industry-backed Amendment 1 that will be on the ballot in November.

I will be correcting the original post online, but wanted to alert you to my error. If you have any questions, please contact me.



Help me reach more Collier County voters by sharing this post with your friends. You and they can subscribe to Sparker’s Soapbox by email at www.sparkers-soapbox.blogspot.com, “like” me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sparkers.soapbox or follow me on Twitter @SparkersSoapbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment